Volunteers are the heart and soul of Operation HOPE-Vista. They provide a consistent sense of community, compassion and security to all our clients. Our volunteers typically contribute well over 3,500 hours of service each year.
Volunteer Opportunities vary widely and include such things as:
- Scheduling and providing evening meals
- Reading to children, providing homework help/tutoring, or special enhancement activities
- Cover Kid's hour when parents are in evening classes; sharing skills in arts and crafts, dancing, and many other possibilities.
- Sharing special knowledge such as responsible budgeting and credit recovery, resume building, improved employment skills, healthy relationships, communication, nutrition, parenting, or child development
- Assist staff by monitoring playground and courtyard, organizing healthy afternoon snacks, or serving at the reception desk
- Volunteer/sleep overnight to assist with any client emergencies that come up
- Help organize and maintain our many incoming donations
- Participate in fundraising activities
Whatever talents and passions you may possess, you will be a welcome addition to our volunteer force.
Attention New Volunteers: Please fill out our application form by following the button link below. If you are under the age of 18, please fill out the parental consent form. Returning volunteers, please login through Volgistics. Thank you!