Volunteers are the heart and soul of Operation HOPE-Vista. They provide a consistent sense of community, compassion and security to all our clients. Our volunteers typically contribute well over 3,500 hours of service each year.
Volunteer Opportunities vary widely and include such things as:
- Scheduling and providing evening meals
- Reading to children, providing homework help/tutoring, or special enhancement activities
- Be a positive mentor during Kids HOPE Club when parents are in evening classes; sharing skills in arts and crafts, dancing, and many other possibilities.
- Sharing special knowledge such as responsible budgeting and credit recovery, resume building, improved employment skills, healthy relationships, communication, nutrition, parenting, or child development
- Assist staff by monitoring playground and courtyard, organizing healthy afternoon snacks, or serving at the reception desk
- Help organize and maintain our many incoming donations
- Assist in the office, helping and learning about the daily management of a small non profit organization
- Help to plan and run fundraising activities
Whatever talents and passions you may possess, you will be a welcome addition to our volunteer team.
Requirements to Start Volunteering at Operation HOPE:
- Complete a Volunteer Application
- Complete a Background Check (a link will be emailed to you once you submit the application)
- Attend an in person New Volunteer Orientation
- Certain volunteer positions require additional training modules and a trial period
We do not ask for a specific time commitment from our volunteers, as we understand the busy lives our volunteers have. Saying that, volunteers in our regular programs (for example: After School Club tutors, Kids HOPE Club volunteers, Front Desk volunteers and Adult Class teachers) have found that having a regular time to come in over a period of weeks allows them to develop stronger relationships and more directly see the positive impact with the clients. If you have a very limited time to commit, please reach out as we often have special projects or events for our families that might better suit your schedule.
Any questions or for further information please contact Lara Buros, Volunteer Coordinator. firstname.lastname@example.org