Child Development Internship
Plan and implement developmental and learning enrichment activities for elementary and preschool age children, including floor time activities for children ages 0-4 years old and special needs children with learning delays and developmental delays. Involve parents and community volunteers to aide in planned activities. Participate in agency trainings.
- Complete interview, background check and drug test
- Complete agency volunteer/intern orientation (5 hours)
- Commit to be available Mon/Wed OR Tues/Thurs from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Complete a minimum of 65 non paid internship hours
- Intern will learn about multiple causal factors that contribute to family homelessness, unemployment, medical disability, domestic violence, substance abuse, incarceration, teen pregnancy, and mental illness.
- Intern will develop greater understanding of cognitive and behavioral interventions for children with learning disabilities, ADHD, PTSD and autism.
- Intern will have the opportunity to learn early childhood development interventions and integrate creative modalities such as music, art, and exercise the develop speech, gross and fine motor skills and social skills.
- Intern will learn about various community resources and government social services for families
- Intern will enhance cultural competency skills working with diverse populations.
Interested applications must contact Cathy Fisher, MSW, LCSW by phone or email at (760) 536-3880 ext. 202 or email@example.com. Applicant should provide brief paragraph explaining their interest and forward a copy of their resume. All applicants must complete an internship interview and background check. Three internship positions are available every spring, summer and fall.