Child Development Internship
Plan and implement developmental and learning enrichment activities for elementary and preschool-age children, including floor time activities for children ages 0-4 years old and special needs children with learning delays and developmental delays. Involve parents and community volunteers to aide in planned activities. Participate in agency training.
- The complete interview, background check, and drug test
- Complete agency volunteer/intern orientation (5 hours)
- Commit to being available Mon/Wed OR Tues/Thurs from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Complete a minimum of 65 unpaid internship hours
- The Intern will learn about multiple causal factors that contribute to family homelessness, unemployment, medical disability, domestic violence, substance abuse, incarceration, teen pregnancy, and mental illness.
- The intern will develop a greater understanding of cognitive and behavioral interventions for children with learning disabilities, ADHD, PTSD, and autism.
- The intern will have the opportunity to learn early childhood development interventions and integrate creative modalities such as music, art, and exercise the develop speech, gross and fine motor skills and social skills.
- The Intern will learn about various community resources and government social services for families
- Intern will enhance cultural competency skills working with diverse populations.
Interested applications must contact Lizeth Ma, MS LMFT #103880 by phone or email at (760) 536-3880 ext. 202 or [email protected]. Applicant should provide a brief paragraph explaining their interest and forward a copy of their resume. All applicants must complete an internship interview and background check. Three internship positions are available every spring, summer, and fall.